Ride for Refuge and Teaser Story

I’m back in Canada!  The Engineering Ministries International team have just touched down in Calgary a few hours ago and are ready for some shut eye.  What a journey this has been, and I look forward to posting as many photos, stories and memories as this blog can handle.  However, I have a slightly more pressing event that I need to share.

This upcoming Saturday, I will be participating for team eMi in the annual Ride for Refuge.  I’m hoping to raise another $900 in three days before the ride.  A steep task, but if these past two weeks have shown me anything – the gospel work that eMi is able to partner with and support makes it all worth it.  If you feel willing to give, please follow the link below – thank you!


http://rideforrefuge.org/search?q=Benjamin+Scott&participants=1&teams=1

A Story

Just to whet the appetite for what I hope to share, here is one of my many highlights from my week in Hle Gu.  I had come down with a cold early in the week and was feeling quite miserable (head cold and no sleep the night before) and plagued with doubts on my purpose being in Myanmar.  While we were having our evening debrief we had some surprise visitors.  We were treated like royalty all week by a group of servant-hearted students who laid out a feast each meal, with hardly any repeats in the plates (the exception being rice).  That evening they were wanting to pray for us and asked about our particular needs.  All this was during their usual time of post-dinner cleanup.  We mentioned several items including the need for health in our team.  We then prayed.

I should explain the passion, fervour and need with which these women cry out to God.  It says something of the faith of the students to hear the earnest cries of the people here.  They KNOW where believers find their strength, in God alone and the strength of his might.  How often do we forget Him here in the Western church?

It was unlike any time of communion with God that I had experienced.  Bowing before him hearing my own voice join the multitude of our group and the women, the Spirit rushed in like wildfire and took hold of the place.  I was overwhelmed by His presence and was all at once trembling and serene – reminding myself of God’s sovereignty over our bodies, but more importantly, the privilege to have been sent to this strange and beautiful country Myanmar.  Our prayers ended but the women continued, and though we could not understand them we knew we were in the presence of God.  I arose from that place sopping wet (more so than usual – and not due to the humidity) reassured of God’s purpose for me here and knowing that He would mend me in His time.  Mercifully I slept well despite the Buddist meditation (more on that next post).

I can safely say that night was the turning point for my week in Myanmar.

You can expect much more content forthcoming in the coming weeks.  I promise to get as much out as possible (hopefully in digestible chunks too!)

In Christ,
Ben

Our last morning at the College looking out from our sleeping quarters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eMi's work on Myanmar Mission College or "Designing Hope"

Where and Why or "Final Thoughts"

eMi's Work at Abonse Farm Lodge or 'Meet the Team'