Destination Ghana or "You are who you say you are"

I am writing this quick update from the airport in Washington. My flight to Africa leaves in just a few hours. Much has happened in the three weeks since I last wrote. My time is short so I will keep this brief.

I had three prayer requests in my last update and praise God all three have been answered! My Visa arrived about a week ago, opening the door for me to officially go on this trip. Secondly, I had shared some apprehensions with the increasing role I had been assigned on this trip, and the concerns about properly serving the ministry while in Accra. When sharing my trip with my co-workers, I learned that one of our senior engineers had done design in Ghana a few years ago! All of a sudden I had an unexpected hand up in having resources for the work to come! Lastly, I am concerned about team unity and for the quick meshing of our volunteer team. I have participated in two team conference calls and needless to say I am even more excited to be a part of this project!

In His way, God has already proven Himself faithful in these requests. All these answers have 'cemented' a sense of peace in me about undertaking this new project on such short notice. The LORD has made a way!

I'll close with a quick proverb.

"Every word of the LORD proves true;
he is a shield to those who take refuge in Him"
Proverbs 30:5 (ESV)

I am confident in the knowledge that what God says will prove true. His promises of protection, grace, presence and love are what I hope to be the engine that drives my every interaction, thought, and decision. Pray that I and the team (who I will be meeting in mere hours) would be found in the refuge of our great God.

In Him,
Ben

Leaving snowy Toronto - the start of a 40-degree temperature change!

Couldn't help but capture some of upstate Pennsylvania a day after the Eagles Superbowl win!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eMi's work on Myanmar Mission College or "Designing Hope"

Where and Why or "Final Thoughts"

eMi's Work at Abonse Farm Lodge or 'Meet the Team'